Lesley Davies has a BA (Hons) Degree (First) in Early Years Education and Childcare and has achieved Early Years Professional Status. She is supported by a team of eleven staff and regular voluntary helpers who are all caring and dedicated. Nine staff have relevant early years qualifications (seven at Level 3, two at Level 2) and two staff are undertaking a Level 3 childcare qualification currently. We all have experience of working with children and most of us are mums. Staff regularly attend training courses to continue their professional development. There is always a minimum of six members of staff in attendance plus the Manager or a Deputy Manager at each Pre School session. We work in partnership with Bromley’s Special Educational Needs Team and often have additional staff supporting individual children who have additional learning or healthcare needs. We place a high priority on ensuring there is always a high ratio of adults working directly with the children as we believe that adults are fundamental to supporting children to learn.
The Pre School years are an extremely important time, we recognise this and aim to make it a happy and rewarding experience for every child and family.
The Value of play
Play is vital for children. We recognise that play is the medium through which children learn and develop.
Children’s early learning is motivated by their enquiring minds, and the pleasure they gain from challenging experiences.
Aims- we aim to:
- Provide a safe, caring and happy environment that promotes equality and values diversity.
- Work in partnership with parents to recognise the developmental needs of each child. All children will be respected and their individuality and potential recognised and valued.
- Create challenging and stimulating experiences from which children will gain in confidence and self esteem and flourish.
- Promote social awareness and understanding to help children to respect and take pleasure in the company of others.
- Provide child centred educational activities and equipment to enable children to enjoy developing to their full potential.
- Give generous care and attention because of our high ratio of qualified staff to children.
- Help children to take forward their learning and development through building on what they already know and what they can do.
- Have FUN!
We will provide high quality care and education with the child at the heart of our practise. To promote
Love learning and enjoy
Developing to their full potential
We are inspected regularly by OFSTED. Our last inspection was in October 2017 and we were awarded ‘Outstanding‘.
The report can be viewed at: